If you are found guilty at your trial, you may appeal your case. An appeal is a new trial which is held in the Umatilla County Circuit Court.

You may only appeal your case if you have plead not guilty to the charge and were found guilty. Guilty pleas and bail forfeitures are final and cannot be appealed. If you want to appeal, you must let the court clerk know in writing within thirty (30) calendar days from the date you were found guilty.

There is a filing fee which must be paid to the Circuit Court when you appeal. In addition, the judge may order an appeal bail paid and held by the court in place of fines or fees while the case is on appeal.

The court clerk can help you with further information.